Sunday, September 27, 2009

Guidance [Part 1]

Many people who have scored decent marks in their board exams and/or later or are working in a good company may have had similar experiences...People coming to you for Guidance. I have had a lot.

People have frequently asked me ...
Tu abhyaas kasa kelas re?
Tu kiti vel abhyas karaycha? 
Tu T.V. Baghyacha?
Tu Classes lavlele ka?
Tu Guide vaparlis ka?
These questions are still fine. They are objective type. I can answer.

But then they(read...someone else's parents) start telling...
Amchya Mulala saang na jara abhyaas kasa karaycha te.
Yala saang na jara...kami khelat ja na mhanun.
Ha T.V. khup baghto. Saang ki jara tyala.
Yachya dokyavar haat thev na jara. :p
Come on, I am no education expert or someone great. If a person is not serious himself, doesn't listen to his parents, how am I supposed to enlighten him? And it feels so awkward. I myself hadn't followed any particular STARTEGY. I had watched T.V. I had played Computer Games. We know how boring it is to just study and not destress ourself by doing such stuff. And if we admit to have done all those things ourselves, there are 2 possibilities.
1) The parents felling that I don't want to reveal y secrets
2) The parents feeling that we are giving wrong guidance.
Donhikadun apanach wrong.
There are even more foolish questions like.
1) Amchya Mulala 50% marks milalet. Tyani konti side pakdavi?
Now how am I supposed to tell that? It depends on what that person is interested in. Ask him. Not me.
2) Amchya yala CET madhe 100 marks mialae. Tyala changlya Engineering college madhe admission milel ka?
Now even if we know that the person will not get admission in a good college, can we just say "Aho avghad ahe ho. Tyala bahutek kuthech admission milanar nahi changlya thikani. Ani milali tari tyachya choice chi branch tar ajibatach nahi milnar"? So we'll be either wrong or rude.
Moreover if we sincerely say that he should try some other course, since Engineering will be a little tough for him, there is a chance that the parents will think that we are misguiding and/or we don't want the person to be as well educated as ouselves. So Sick!!!
3) Amchya mulani B. Sc. kelay. Ata computer course kivva PG karaycha mhantoy. Kuthe karava?
Ata me E&TC cha mulga. Kahi course/PG na kelela. How will I tell? Even worse. even when I had said that so and so course is good, I have got replies like ..."Pan kahi lok mhantat ki yachya peksha te jasta changla ahe".
There have also been instances where when I had recommended a particular institute/college being better because the staff and placements are good, I have got an answer.."Pan aaj kaal kuthe itka farak padto staff cha. Ani job tar kasahi milun jato ata". 
Arey itka research kelach ahe tar maza doka kashala khata.

I even get questions totally unrelated to my field. Yani B Com kelay. Tyani pudhe kay karava? And. Toh ata pudhe kahi shikaycha nahi mhantoy. Tyala saang na C.A. vagaire karayla.
Ata malach nahi mahit B. Com madhe kay asta, C.A madhe kay asta, me kasa sangnar?


If we just go on speaking what is/was true and correct, there is a very high risk of the people concluding...
Ha kahi dhad salle det nahi
Asa salla tar koni pan deil
Ha lapavtoy kahi tari
Ha Engineer zala ani amchya mulani B. Sc. karava mhanto ka?
Sagle mhantat computer lach scope ahe. Ani hach kasa nahi mhanto.
Kahitari tingya martoy ha.
Ha mech pan changlay mhanto, tar swataha E&TC la kashala gela?
Yala kahi kalat nahi.
Ha uddhat ahe.
Apla mulga pudha java asa nahi vatat tyala.
and on and on and on and on

Arey...asach asel tart mazyakade kashala yeta. Me board lavlay ka mazya gharabaher....
Mazyakade guidance la ya mhanun.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe rofl .... khoop chidhla asel tu he lihtana!

    But I can empathise. Mazha doka khoop khalla lokanni.

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can understand your agony.. e1 i have experienced the same.. students fail in their 1st year of engg for 2-3 times and if i give them an option of leaving engg, then its like... phakta yanech engg kelay ka.. kahi kalat nahi. majhe mulga pan engg karun dakhven yala... aani yala chukicha tharaven... WTF..?? go ahead.. i dnt care..

    ReplyDelete